- How to Change the Left Front Headlamp on a 2006 Honda CRV
- How to Change a 2003 Honda CRV Tail Light Enclosure
- DIY Brake Light Replacement on a 2003 Honda CRV
- How to Change the Cabin Air Filter for a 1999 Honda CRV
- How to Change a Headlight on an '07 Honda CRV
- How to Change the Dome Light on a 2005 Toyota Rav4
The 2006 Honda CR-V featured three overhead interior lighting systems: two independently operated front passenger spotlights, one second row passenger ceiling light, and one ceiling-mounted cargo light.The owner’s manual does not include the instructions needed to replace the bulbs for the overhead lights; however, the bulb replacement procedures for all three lights are relatively similar and simple, requiring only a few minutes to complete.
Items you will need
- Tissue or thin rag
- Small Thin-blade flat-head screwdriver
- No. 904 bulb (map lights)
- No. DE3175 bulb (ceiling lights)
- Rubber gloves
Examine the overhead light with the failed bulb and locate the two small slots on the forward edge of the clear lens.
Cover the screwdriver tip with a tissue or thin rag. Insert the covered screwdriver tip into the slots and carefully pry the lens cover from the housing. Although it is not absolutely necessary to use a tissue or rag when prying the lens off, doing so will help reduce the possibility of scratching or damaging the lens cover and housing.
Put on gloves. Grasp the defective bulb with your fingers and pull it from the socket or bulb holder. Never attempt to pry the bulbs out with a screwdriver or a pair of pliers, as doing so may cause the bulb to shatter, causing personal injury.
Insert the replacement bulb into the holder or socket.
Check the bulb for proper seating within the socket or holder.
Align the lens cover to the housing, with the slotted end positioned toward the front of the vehicle. Press-fit the lens cover in place to finish the replacement process.
- ModifiedLife: 2006 Honda CRV Automotive Light Bulb Sizes
- Honda: My Honda Parts Store; 2006 Honda CR-V; Interior Light
- EBSCO Automotive Repair Reference Center; 2006 Honda CR-V; Interior Lights