- Do It Yourself Oil Change on a 2008 Silverado
- Procedures for Changing Rear Differential Fluid on a Chevy 2000 Silverado
- How to Reset the Oil Maintenance Required Light on a 2007 Lexus IS 250
- How to Remove a Tail Light Lens on a 96 Chevy Silverado
- How to Do an Oil Change on a 2007 Chevy Hhr
- How to Change a High Beam Light on a 2006 Chevy Silverado
The 2000 Chevrolet Silverado has a feature called the GM Oil Life System, designed to alert the driver when the engine oil needs changing. The computer uses engine revolutions and temperature as parameters to determine when the oil needs changing, and activates the “CHANGE OIL SOON” light, located on the instrument cluster. Resetting the oil-life monitor deactivates the warning light.
Switch the ignition on, but do not start the engine.
Press the accelerator pedal three times within five seconds of switching on the ignition. Be sure to press the accelerator pedal all the way to the floor and allow the pedal to come all the way up each time.
Wait for the “CHANGE ENGINE OIL” light to flash multiple times for five seconds. When the light stops flashing, turn off the ignition to complete the reset process.
- General Motors; 2000 Chevrolet Owner's Manual